Confidential Substance Abuse Recovery Services
Recovery Coach, Interventionist and Sober Companion from Montreal willing to travel across Canada & The United States.
Perfectly fluent in English, French & Greek.
Alcohol & Drug Addiction Recovery Program for Montreal, Canada & USA
I’m a recovered cocaine addict and use my experience to help others. I achieved sobriety and my hope is to help others who are struggling with the same challenges I once did. My service is completely personalized to the individual’s circumstances, but in general I aim to help addicts by:
- Creating a self awareness of what causes addictive behaviors;
- Providing coping mechanisms for setbacks and challenges;
- Finding new ways to manage triggered behaviors;
- Developing new life skills and gain peace of mind.
How does the recovery program work?
- 2 to 3 sessions per week (90 minutes)
- Scheduled phone calls between sessions
- Homework assignments that build self awareness
How long does the program last?
Depending the addict’s personal situation, the program length can either be 3, 6 or 12 months.
Do you offer individual sessions?
Yes. I understand that many need a “à la carte” solution and sporadic visits to stay on track. You can book a 1 or 2 hour session where we together create a plan of action.
Alcohol & Drug Intervention Program for Montreal, Canada & USA
One of the most common calls I get is when a family is looking for information on an intervention. There are many common misconceptions about a drug or alcohol intervention and its goals. Most people think that an intervention is about “getting someone to go to treatment or rehab”. In actuality, that is the result of a properly delivered intervention, but not the true goal itself. I have developed a comprehensive, structured approach that empowers a family and allows an addict or alcoholic to see what is going on in his life and increases the chances of him wanting help.
How does the intervention program work?
- I will meet with the family members as many times as needed before the intervention itself, to change the family dynamics to more effectively handle the situation and increase the willingness of the alcoholic or addict to get help;
- I will foster a solid team spirit within the family that works together instead of independently;
- Teaching effective tools to not only get their loved one to treatment, but to help keep them there and focus on recovery after they return home;
- No surprise interventions, the event will be planned ahead of time;
- The intervention will consists of immediate family only (not more than 5 people max).
Family Recovery Coaching for Montreal, Canada & USA
Friends and family play vital roles in the recovery process. Recovering addicts with a strong support system have a greater chance of completing treatment successfully and maintaining their sobriety at home. Family members and friends are also often directly impacted by the addiction, which can impede the healing process. That’s why it’s important for family members and friends to have a good understanding of addiction and how to continue to take care of their own mental health as well. This helps you provide the love and support the addicted person needs in order to heal.
How does my program work?
- It is designed to break down distrust and guilt by giving everyone a chance to feel heard;
- It can help family and friends understand themselves and each other, and work through conflict in a healthy way;
- Families that were once defined by anger and addiction can grow into tight-knit units that are able to support one another;
- Enable honest communication and healthy boundaries.
It can take time, however this work is vital to the mental health of everyone involved.
It consists of 1 to 2 sessions per week for 90 minutes each. The number of sessions needed will be based on individual circumstances.
Sober Companion for Montreal, Canada & USA
If you are new to recovery, the world will seem a very different place without the influence of alcohol and drugs. With the substances removed, you may feel a sense of loss, purpose and direction. I can help you to establish a solid purpose and direction in your life and show you just how wonderful and freeing sober life can be. My service also includes taking alcohol and drugs away and searching the home for any leftover hidden staches, from before the rehab stay, to ensure they remain sober.
An engagement with me as a sober companion may be anything from a few hours a week of extra support, to many months long. It could involve travel abroad, discreet support at high-risk family functions or business conferences, or even be live-in 24/7 support. It all depends on what the recovering person needs and wants.
Additionally, I can take responsibility for transporting those in recovery to and from appointments, encourage the development of a positive and supportive network and help plan healthy eating and sleeping routines.
I Also Give Hands-On Workshops & Talks
I am available for workshops and talks at schools, community centers and all other types of organizations wanting to educate their members on addiction and recovery.